Against the background of the fast moving 24/7 news cycle, social media impact and current issues facing ship owners, ship managers, charterers and financiers, MTI Network is constantly reviewing its crisis media response and training programmes.
While we continue to deal with collisions, groundings and oil pollution, areas such as piracy, migrant rescues, NGO involvement, sanctioned cargoes, Arctic drilling, security in SE Asia, West Africa and attacks in the Straits of Hormuz, have been dominating MTI’s response in recent months.
Our ProResponse Masterclass which we will be hosting in Hamburg on Wednesday, June 24, will take a hard look at all of these issues from our recent experience and debate how principals should respond. Also how staff and seafarers should respond during marine incidents and how they should be trained.
The Masterclass will also provide an insight into some of the new strategies and techniques we are using in protecting a company’s reputation and in safeguarding the position of individual staff and crew members.
Our new range of ProResponse training courses combine the traditional engagement with the international and local media but also factor in the growing impact of social media in incident response. With the major media outlets obtaining much of their insight from social media platforms, we need to be aware of the impact of these sites and all MTI courses now include social media injects by individuals, bloggers and NGO’s.
Through video sharing sites such as YouTube and Vimeo amongst others we can now deliver a more in depth company statement where television news may only be running one sound bite. This is now introduced on selected advanced courses by working with an autocue, filming a senior executive(s) delivering a short pre-prepared speech to camera.
The Masterclass will also introduce our ProResponse App, an innovative new mobile offering by MTI Network, designed to assist with crisis communication and media response during maritime or offshore incidents.
Date – Wednesday June 24
Time – 0930 – 1300 (Registration 0900-0930) OR
1400 – 1730 (Registration 1330-1400)
Address – The Grand Elysee Hotel
Room – Hamburg
- Trends in Crisis Management – recent developments in the exposure of shipping companies and marine professionals during incidents and crisis including;
- Migrant and Refugee rescues
- Attacks in the Gulf by Iranian Revolutionary Guards
- Sanctioned cargoes
- Piracy in West Africa and SE Asia
- New strategies and techniques in protecting a company’s reputation and that of staff and crew members.
- Using social media channels to protect the reputation and commercial position of ship owners and ship managers. Demonstration of the Autocue.
- Introducing the ProResponse App for easy access to worldwide partners and information sharing during incidents.
For further information or if you are interested in attending the MTI Network ProResponse Masterclass, please email Cor Radings; firstname.lastname@example.org.